It is important that people from countries around the world, often in very different circumstances, are able to attend the Congress. Inclusion both enriches the exchanges between delegates and also deepens the connections, enhancing skills across the global humanist movement. International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU) Grants are available to help low-income organisations send qualified delegates to the Congress.
Humanist organisations and organisations whose focus is on the promotion of the freedom of thought and freedom of expression are eligible to apply by completing the application form. IHEU Grants may cover some or all of: the Congress fee, accommodation, and travel to Oxford.
- It is preferred that a different person nominates the organisation to the person proposing to attend the congress.
- It is important that every part of the application form is filled in accurately and fully.
- Applicants are expected to find the cheapest way of travel.
- Applicants are expected to offer to make some contribution themselves to their expenses.
- Completed forms should be emailed to email@example.com as soon as possible. Please note that the deadline for grant applications is 28th February 2014.
If you’d like to help delegates from low-income countries and organisations attend the Congress, please donate to the IHEU Grants Scheme.